From improving chronic back pain to easing tension headaches, chiropractic care offers many health benefits. The main goal of a chiropractor is to help patients find relief from musculoskeletal and nervous system disorders through chiropractic adjustments. Dr. Ryan Durand of Mission Wellness offers more insight into this type of treatment and its benefits.
1. What is chiropractic care? Chiro care is a conservative, noninvasive and nonmedicinal form of manual health care designed to treat issues of the muscular and skeletal system. Its goal is to optimize health by reducing interference on the nervous system, which is the master controller of the human body, and improving joint and muscle function. The most common therapeutic procedure performed by chiropractors is known as the chiropractic adjustment, which is a type of joint manipulation. An adjustment helps restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have been damaged due to tissue injury.
2. What type of health issues can chiropractic care solve? People seek chiro care for a variety of issues and chronic ailments such as neck and back pain, headaches, scoliosis symptoms, athletic injuries and to improve overall posture. This type of treatment aims to find the root cause of these health issues and provide an alternative solution to taking prescription medicine.
3. Is it beneficial to receive care regularly, as well as for specific treatments and ailments? Seeing a chiropractor is great for solving those pesky aches and pains as well as promoting long-term general health and wellness. Like a lot of medical treatments, performing chiro care on a regular basis can lead to many long-term benefits. The experts at Mission Wellness recommend care about once a month, but every patient is different. For example, a patient with an acute injury will need to be seen more often than a maintenance care patient.
4. What are some unexpected benefits of chiropractic care? Since chiro care involves both improvement of musculoskeletal health and the nervous system, there are many ways it can help improve one’s overall health and quality of life. In addition to muscle, back and neck pain, chiro care can also enhance daily function, such as better digestion, improved sleep and breathing, increased balance and a strengthened immune system.
5. What other health treatments are provided at Mission Wellness It is a multidisciplinary clinic with two doctors of chiropractic, two licensed acupuncturists and two licensed massage therapists. Acupuncture addresses imbalances in energy or blood flow and massage therapy can help reduce muscle tension and stress. The clinic prides itself on being a one-stop shop for all your alternative health care needs.