Cannabis products for pets are growing in popularity across the country. It’s no surprise since most owners will do just about anything for their furry friends. From helping cope with anxiety to reducing seizures, there are many ways CBD can promote happier, healthier lives for pets.
Cannabis pet products include cannabidiol (CBD) or other cannabinoids and are intended for consumption by dogs, cats, horses and other animals. These can include dog treats, cat treats, soft chews, capsules, topical products and CBD oil.
Humans have used cannabis as medicine for thousands of years. Ancient beliefs about the medicinal value of the plant have been confirmed by some studies, and the endocannabinoid system (ECS) can play a crucial role in overall health. Evidence has confirmed the existence of the ECS in all mammals, including pets.
Here are five ways CBD can help pets, according to the experts at Soggy Bottom Hemp:
1. Analgesic – CBD’s ability to reduce pain is well-documented in studies on dogs with arthritis. CBD can be helpful for older pets or pets recovering from injuries.
2. Anti-inflammatory – CBD has been found to reduce inflammation by suppressing the immune system and binding with TRPV1 vanilloid receptors, which can help older animals move around more easily with less pain.
3. Anti-anxiety – CBD activates the 5HT1A serotonin receptors, bringing about a calming effect that can help anxious animals. It’s great for storms, fireworks, travel and other stressors.
4. Reduces seizures – One of the most well-documented CBD therapeutic effects also benefits pets. If your pet is prone to seizures, talk to your vet about a CBD regimen.
5. Anti-tumoral – CBD has been found to reduce tumor size and prevent the spread of some cancer cells in preclinical studies.
Learn more about CBD and how to provide care for your pets by visiting soggybottomhemp.com, where you’ll find all-natural, unflavored and unscented oils for both cats and dogs, as well as bacon-flavored dog treats in sizes for small and large animals.
|Soggy Bottom Hemp is operated by Midwest Brokers LLC. Its products are grown and manufactured in facilities in Kansas from hemp grown on its own or partner farms. It manages every aspect of the process from seed to your home and verifies products with third-party testing so you can be assured what you read on the labels is true and accurate. Its mission is simple: To bring high-quality, organic CBD and cannabigerol (CBG) products to the marketplace at a reasonable price point.