First impressions can make a big impact, and that’s especially true for homebuyers looking for their next house. The exterior of house is typically the first thing potential buyers look at, so keeping the outside of your property appealing helps draw people to look inside. The curb appeal of your home can also add to the overall value and increase the selling price.
If you’re looking to sell your house or simply want to spruce it up for summer, consider these five tips to add curb appeal from The Holmes Group.
1. Landscaping – Make sure your lawn and grass are in tip-top shape. Trim any overgrown hedges or trees and remove any debris or clutter that might look unkempt or distracting.
2. Update Your House Numbers – Keep your house numbers visible and easy to spot. Your home’s address numbers may become faded over time, but you can repaint or add more appealing numbers to another part of your home or mailbox for a refresh.
3. Upgrade Porch Light Fixtures – Light fixtures can both brighten a home and add a touch of style. Make sure yours are clean or replace with new ones.
4. Power Wash the Driveway – A driveway sees a lot of wear and tear over time. Power washing is an easy way to make it look new again.
5. Maintain Your Mailbox – Make sure your mailbox is in good condition; consider adding a fresh coat of paint or updating the overall style.