(Family Features) As people from coast to coast hunker down at home, some with children, taking a mental break from a new and unfamiliar lifestyle with the world of entertainment can be a way to relax and disconnect.
All you need is a TV with a Wi-Fi connection to access free, family-friendly movies to keep the kids entertained while at home, as well as other films for parents to watch after the kids have gone to bed (or after a day in the home office is done).
An option like Tubi, the world’s largest free, ad-supported movie and TV service, features a library of more than 20,000 on-demand movies and TV shows on more than 25 different devices, including mobile devices, smart TVs, video game consoles and more, without the hassle of credit cards and subscription fees.
“When you can’t get out and explore the world like you’re used to, your home TV screen is a great way to make a virtual escape,” said Maude Garrett, pop culture expert and founder of the Geek Bomb website. “The wide selection available on Tubi makes it a great option for family members of all ages, and even better, it’s free so families can tune in again and again.”
Young viewers can follow the adventures of countless classic and contemporary characters such as:
- Throwback series like “Casper the Friendly Ghost,” “My Little Pony” and “Dennis the Menace”
- Today’s cartoon favorites like “Sonic the Hedgehog” and “Transformers Rescue Bots”
- Educational programs and documentaries like “Learn with Verne” and “The Traveling Trio,” an adventure-filled series following three siblings
Grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy family time together with a wide range of full-length films, including:
- The story of a young adventurer racing to uncover the secrets of a sunken ship that may hold a vast fortune and an ancient curse in Steven Spielberg’s “Adventures of TinTin”
- The chronicles of a young sea turtle named Sammy and his friend, Ray, who swim around the world enduring the challenges of the oceans in search of Shelly, the love of Sammy's life in “A Turtle’s Tale”
- A light-hearted look at what happens when kids rule the world in “Opposite Day,” featuring comedian Pauly Shore, among others
- A modern spin on the classic “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” with Will Arnett and Megan Fox, following four pizza-loving mutated turtle brothers who unleash their ninja skills on New York City, which has been ravaged by the evil Shredder
To take advantage of the expansive library of film and TV titles that can let your family enjoy a getaway from the safety of home, and to learn more about starting your free subscription, visit Tubi.TV.